School Rules and Regulations
Students are expected to conduct themselves in a manner which upholds the good name of the school.
National Anthem and Pledge
- Students who are Singapore Citizens must sing the National Anthem and take the pledge.
- Students will take the pledge with their right fists placed over their hearts.
- All students must stand and stand at attention during the flag-raising and pledge-taking ceremony.
Attendance and Punctuality
- Students are expected to attend school on a daily basis.
- Students are expected to be punctual for school and on time for the flag-raising ceremony.
- Students are to be ready by 7.30 am for the flag-raising and pledge-taking ceremony.
- Students are not allowed to leave the school before dismissal once they are within the school compound.
- Students will not be granted permission for vacation before the term ends.
- Students who are absent from school are required to submit a medical certificate (MC) or a letter of excuse from parents/guardians.
- Students are not allowed to have in their possession any form of weapon. They are also not allowed to bring any weapon-like item which is used or intended to be used to cause harm to others.
- Students should not bring items, including toys and games, which may disrupt or distract them from their lessons in school.
- Students are not allowed to bring mobile devices to school.
- These restrictions apply to Learning Journeys, CCAs and any school events, unless permission has been granted by the school.
- Students who are found with the prohibited items will have the items confiscated. Confiscated items can only be collected by the students’ parents/guardians.
ATTIRE AND APPEARANCE
Students are expected to be neatly attired at all times.
- Students are to wear the prescribed uniform. Modifications to the uniforms and PE attire are strictly not allowed.
- House T-shirts and PE shorts are only to be worn during CCA, PE and PAL lessons.
- The house T-shirt should be tucked in neatly when worn.
- No jewellery or any item of personal adornment (e.g. bracelets, necklaces, wristbands, etc.) is to be worn.
- Nails must be kept short and without nail polish.
- Any form of make-up should not be worn in school.
- Tinting, bleaching and colouring of hair are not allowed. Students with coloured hair will be required to dye their hair back to the original colour.
- Students should wear plain white shoes that provide support for sporting activities (e.g. white canvas or white track shoes).
- Doll shoes or leather shoes are not allowed.
- Only shoes with shoelaces and Velcro fasteners are allowed.
- Only plain white socks that cover the ankles are permitted.
- The length of fringe / bangs must not go beyond the eyebrows.
- Girls with long hair are expected to have their hair tied or plaited into one or two plaits.
- Only black hair accessories (e.g. hair band, hair pins / clips) are allowed.
- Multiple piercings are strictly forbidden, and the piercing can only be on the earlobe.
- A matching pair of small, plain studs or transparent ear sticks may be worn.
- The length of school skirts should cover the knees.
- Boys must be clean-shaven and neat in appearance.
- Hair must be kept short and neat.
- Hair must not cover the forehead, touch the eyebrows or shirt collar.
- The fringe must not touch the eyebrows when it is combed down.
- Hair at the back of the head must be sloped.
- Outlandish hairstyles (e.g. layered, shaved, spiky) are not allowed.
- Sideburns are not allowed.
SAFETY AND SECURITY
- For the safety of the students, they are to observe the following:
- Walk from place to place in school to ensure personal safety and the safety of others.
- Avoid any mischief that is likely to cause injury to themselves or others.
- Avoid rough play (e.g. kicking, punching, pushing, tripping, etc).
- Queue up in an orderly manner when buying food in the canteen or buying stationery from the bookshop.
- Queue up in an orderly manner when they are boarding the school buses.
- Remain seated and belted at all times on the school bus.
- Students are only to cross the road using the appropriate pedestrian crossings and to obey traffic signals at all times.
- Students are only to walk along the designated walkways provided outside the school.
- Students are to follow the school’s advice and guidelines on Road Safety, which will be shared during assemblies and in class.
Enrichment / Remedial / Supplementary / CCA
Security and Procedures for visiting the school
- For safety reason, the school does not encourage anyone to come into the school premises unnecessarily. The school gates will remain closed during school hours.
- All visitors are requested to produce their identification cards (e.g. NRIC, driver’s license, etc.) at the security guard post. Visitors are also to state their reason of visit. The guards will issue official school passes to visitors. These passes are to be returned upon leaving the school.
- To minimise unnecessary distraction to our students and disruption of lessons, visitors are strictly not allowed to walk around the school premises. Visitors who wish to see any teacher should make prior appointments with the teacher. We seek your understanding and cooperation in this matter.