Vision and Mission
Engaged learners in a community
through the purposeful use of technology
The ICT department serves to spearhead the school’s efforts in the integration of ICT into the curriculum to develop 21CC and nurturing of responsible citizens of the cyber world
All ICT baseline lessons are strategically integrated to develop our students on New Media Literacies and these and are carried out during curriculum hours by the subject teachers.
New Media Literacies are defined as the competencies to create, connect and curate information in the digitally networked environment. Regular engagement in these interactions will enable students to develop an understanding of the social practices (tacit norms and skills) governing the Web and be equipped with the knowledge and skills to navigate and participate productively.
At the heart of these interactions are the six core values of the 21st Century Competencies (21CC) framework, that anchor the learning experiences and promote discerning and responsible use of technology.
Cedar Primary School’s Cyber Wellness approach is guided by MOE’s Cyber Wellness framework.
The first step in inculcating these principles is to create cyber awareness among the students. Students should be able to “sense” the risks of harmful behaviours online and learn how to manage such risks as well as protect themselves from the dangers.
To develop students’ ability to respond to new encounters in cyberspace, it is important to provide opportunities for students to analyse, evaluate and reflect on cyber wellness issues.
Students should eventually translate their understanding into actions that will keep them safe while online.
INTERNET SAFETY PLEDGE
We, the students of Cedar Primary School,
pledge ourselves to be safe online.
Regardless of changing technologies and evolving issues,
we promise to be responsible and kind digital citizens.
So as to achieve cyber wellness
and become Cybersmart Cedarians.
**Traits of a Cybersmart Cedarian **
1. I will not give out personal information such as my address, telephone number or the name and location of my school without my parents’ permission.
2. I will tell my parents right away if I come across any information or content that makes me feel uncomfortable.
3. I will never agree to get together with someone that I meet online without first checking with my parents.
4. I will not respond to any messages that are mean or that in any way make me feel uncomfortable. If I receive a message like that, I will tell my parents or teachers right away.
5. I will be courteous and kind to others while communicating online.
6. I will stand against cyberbullying and help others by reporting the incident to my teachers or parents.
7. I will maintain a healthy and balanced lifestyle between the physical and cyber world. For my own well-being, if I sense any risks of harmful behaviours online, I will think carefully, make well-considered decisions and act responsibly in the cyber space.